We've released a hotfix, v1.1.41, to address some critical issues with v1.1.4. It can be downloaded from here: http://www.zafehouse.com/patches/ZafehouseDiariesPatch1141.exe
- Fixed a crash with the drinking idle task.
- Survivors won't drink quite so often.
- Added some checks to force the game's icon to appear in the taskbar.
- Fixed a rare crash at the start of the game where survivors would be assigned to a location that does not exist.
The original message and patch notes for v1.1.4 can be found below:
Hello players,Zafehouse: Diaries has just been updated to v1.1.4.
The update is our first significant content patch, adding new dilemmas, items, locations, occupations as well as a number of player-requested features. We also took the opportunity to perform a small upgrade of the game's rendering engine. This should make Zafehouse: Diaries run considerably better on lower-end systems and, hopefully, fix some graphical anomalies.
If you're using any of the fixes in the Diagnostics Tool, please apply this patch and try playing the game with them disabled. If there is no improvement, simply re-enable the fixes and report your findings via the instructions in this thread
If you purchased the game directly from us, please download and apply the following patch: http://www.zafehouse.com/patches/ZafehouseDiariesPatch1141.exeIf you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the Desura client.
Please find a list of the most pertinent changes below:
- The Direct3D rendering engine has been upgraded. This should boost performance on lower-end systems.
- An occupation editor has been added to the custom content manager.
- It is now possible to assign random characteristics, including names and ages, to custom survivors.
- Items can now be "junked", converting them to barricades and scrap. To junk an item, left-click its name in the Supply tab, or right-click to junk 10 items. Those items will be added to a list at the bottom of the Supply tab and will be junked during the following turn. To unassign an item from the junk list, left or right-click on it.
- New location: Diner. Food can sometimes be difficult to find (and prepare), but your chances will be better at the town's local eatery.
- New dilemmas: These you'll have to find on your own. What we will say is that the infection might not be as fatal as researchers first thought...
- New items: Silenced handgun, guitar and one you'll have to discover. Let's just say its owner won't give it up without a fight.
- New occupation: Musician. With the right equipment, a musician can put the group at ease... or annoy the hell out of them.
- Breaching now has sound effects, based on the difficulty of the entrance being breached. These are purely cosmetic -- breaching is just as loud as it was before.
- A number of issues with diary chronology have been addressed.
- It should no longer be possible for survivors to die *and* be rescued.
- A message pop-up now appears the first time the game is played, informing the player of the manual's location and the presence of the F1 help overlays.
- DirectX diagnostic information can now be generated via the Diagnostics Tool.
- The Diagnostics Tool now outputs its files to the game's folder in My Documents.
- The game installer now alerts the user if their .NET 2.0 Framework is not the most recent.
- Save games are now backed-up before a save is performed, and recovered if a failure occurs during the save process.
- The game will no longer exit if the saving process fails, allowing play to continue unaffected.
- Patrols should no longer report the use of multiple weapons.
- Fixed a typo in the survivor mortal wounds report.
- The game no longer erroneously informs the player that their survivors are at the rescue location.
- Numerous tweaks to the lynch mob dilemma, including incorporating environmental factors (barricades, traps, etc) into resolution and trigger chance.
- The watch now glows briefly when transitioning from the town map to the diary.
- The update check at the start of the game should now complete much faster.
- Fixed a crash related to game saves and random custom locations (thanks DarKPenguiN).
- The text on the clue containing the rescue date should now always appear correctly.
- Combat reports should now differentiate between breaching and defending.
- Date culture formatting now uses CultureInvariant, rather than en-US.
- The progress bar when loading a game should no longer go backwards inexplicably.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate items could be created when moving survivors after certain dilemmas.
- Survivors will now be more varied with their idle task choices.
- Addressed some image corruption issues related to game saving and loading.
- Additional checks to prevent a crash related to drawing diary entries.
- The main menu window is now hidden once the game window becomes visible.
- Fixed an issue where special effects would not fire.
- Renamed "negligent" to "unaware".
- Searching certain locations and combat (to small degree) now factor in occupations.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.