We've released a hotfix, v1.1.71, to address some critical issues with v1.1.7 and to add a few extra bits and pieces. It can be downloaded from here
- Tweak: Grayscale and sepia survivor portraits are now processed with the Polaroid shader.
- Added: An item image for the crossbow.
- Fixed: An issue with the believers dilemma where important items at the church could be destroyed inadvertently.
- Fixed: A crash related to vehicle parts which would make it impossible to complete the game in Road Kill.
- Fixed: An issue where the search task would remain active despite the location being completely searched.
- Fixed: The "Repair vehicle" order now becomes inactive if the player has completely repaired the vehicle.
- Fixed: Fighting the believers now plays audio for the ensuing battle.
- Fixed: A small grammar issue with the quarrel recovery text.
- Fixed: If a survivor is left behind in Road Kill, the fight text differentiates between bullets and quarrels.
The original message and patch notes for v1.1.7 can be found below:
Hello again everyone,
We're happy to announce the release of patch v1.1.7 for Zafehouse: Diaries
. With this patch, we've taken the opportunity to update a number of images, including all of the in-built survivor portraits and several dilemmas, with high-quality replacements. We've also added 16 completely new images for in-game items, which will appear as photos in the diary when you discover them for the first time.
On the gameplay side, v1.1.7 features a new dilemma, called "The Believers", as well as the Priest occupation to accompany it. A new ranged weapon and ammunition type has been added -- the crossbow and quarrels respectively. While the crossbow has a slow rate of fire, it makes up for it by being extreme powerful and very quiet. There's also the possibility of retrieving fired quarrels when cleaning corpses after a fight, making it more economical than the bullet-based ranged weapons.
Barricading has been reworked significantly. Secured and fortified locations will now impart meaty bonuses to spotting and resilience; noise levels inside will be reduced and survivors will sometimes automatically attack zombies through barricades. Barricades now also last longer against zombie attacks.
We've also made a thrilling change to the Infection dilemma. Along with the usual "Let them live" and "Kill" options, there will sometimes be a third option with the potential to save the survivor and rid them of the infection. The price, however, may be too great...
These are the biggest changes in v1.1.7, but we've added a bunch of visual tweaks, balance changes and bug fixes we're sure you'll appreciate, so check out the full patch notes below!
If you purchased the game directly from us or via GamersGate
, please download and apply the following patch
.If you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the Desura client.
- Tweak: Adjusted the algorithm that calculates the best and worst items for junking and equipping to be more consistent.
- Tweak: If all the player's survivors breach a location during a turn, that location will be selected automatically when the player views the town map.
- Added: All survivors portraits have been updated with new high-quality images and the base number of portraits has been increased.
- Added: A number of dilemmas have new, high-quality photos.
- Added: When certain items are discovered for the first time, a photo of that item will appear in the diary.
- Added: New occupation -- the Priest.
- Added: New dilemma -- The Believers. Try visiting the church while playing Road Kill to find out what these guys are about...
- Added: New weapon and ammunition -- crossbow and quarrels. A powerful, quiet but slow to reload ranged weapon.
- Added: It is possible for survivors to retrieve fired quarrels when cleaning corpses, in addition to any quarrels they might normally find.
- Added: In the right circumstances, the Infected dilemma will provide the player with a grisly, high-risk option to save the survivor.
- Added: Pressing F9 while viewing the diary will send an extensive list of survivor statistics to the clipboard.
- Added: When a car part is discovered in Road Kill mode, a sound will play and an oil stain will appear on the diary pages currently visible.
- Added: Special debug reporting code to diagnose an extremely rare crash related to barricading.
- Added: Sound effects will now play when the map and radio are found, as well as any clue.
- Added: Survivors inside a secured or fortified location may sometimes attack an adjacent zombie.
- Balance: Zombie logic when attacking barricades has been reworked significantly. Barricades will now degraded more slowly and gradually.
- Balance: Secured and fortified locations now dampen noise produced at that location by 25% and 50% respectively.
- Balance: Survivors now gain resilience bonuses while inside a secured or fortified location.
- Balance: Survivors are more likely to spot zombies while inside secured or fortified locations.
- Balance: Survivors inside secured and fortified locations are less likely to have negative relationship events.
- Balance: Increased the negative relationship impact of some dilemmas.
- Balance: The high-powered rifle is now significantly better.
- Balance: Survivor statistics can no longer drop below 1.
- Fixed: The survivor photo during the Infected dilemma will no longer disappear when the "Kill" option is chosen.
- Fixed: Survivors will now always select a weapon over other items (if possible) when modify close combat, assault or sniping attributes.
- Fixed: A rare issue related to dilemmas where destroyed items could reappear at their original location.
- Fixed: An issue where survivor stat mods would sometimes not be saved.
- Fixed: It is now possible to play the game without a sound card, or a card incompatible with XAudio2.
- Fixed: A sound effect for slashing weapons would not play.
- Fixed: A crash caused by zombies entering a location and being killed by a trap.
- Fixed: A rare crash in the create distraction task.
- Fixed: A rare crash in the maintain barricades idle task.
- Fixed: An issue where dead survivors would linger in town (but not locations). This could cause the game to crash when loading a game with such a survivor.
- Fixed: Rather than crash, if the image for a custom location or survivor cannot be found, the image will be replaced with a stand-in.
- Fixed: A crash caused by a zombie being killed by a trap without a damage component.
- Fixed: A potential crash when resolving survivor moment noise between locations.
- Fixed: Location investigation reports would sometimes not appear first if a dilemma occurred during the same turn.
- Fixed: An issue when loading a game or importing a diary that would cause blood splats to be shown incorrectly on diary pages.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.