A new update is available, bringing the game to v1.1.31. This is an interim patch before v1.1.4 to address some important issues with the game.
You can download the patch here: http://www.zafehouse.com/patches/ZafehouseDiariesPatch1131.exeIf you're wondering why the automatic update notifier in the game is not visible, we've disabled it temporarily while Desura approves the patch.
Please find a list of the most pertinent changes below:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when saving and exiting the game.
- Fixed a crash and diary pagination issue when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue where zombies hit by traps could get "stuck", causing combat to last forever.
- Additional checks to prevent the "null barricade" error.
- Fixed a bug where certain items could be stacked with a quantity of zero.
- Added some additional checks for null objects when reanimating dead survivors.
- Fixed a crash related to the Connection rumour.
- Dead survivors will no longer drink from beyond the grave.
- Fixed a rare crash when one survivor criticised the work of another.
- Additional checks to make sure survivors do not perform idle tasks while in combat.
- Fixed a crash when selecting survivors without surnames on the relationship screen.
- Clicking on the update button in the main menu now prompts you to exit the game.
- The tinker idle task should no longer appear to give tools and melee weapons bonuses to ranged combat.
- Added windowed mode. This can be enabled via the options menu.
- Additional checks for the custom content editor to prevent invalid character names.
- The note containing the rescue date will be written in English, regardless of the current operating system's localisation settings.
- Fixed a potential crash when passively spotting zombies.
- Fixed an issue where fleeing survivors could be ordered to stop fleeing.
- Stability improvements for the D3D renderer.
- Various small tweaks, optimisations and improvements
Please note that saved games are not compatible between versions.