Hello players,Zafehouse: Diaries has been updated to v1.1.61
. This is an interim patch that addresses a few balance issues and bugs with the current version.
Based on player feedback, we've done a lot of work on tweaking the difficulty of certain dilemmas involving survivors fighting NPCs. We've identified and fixed a couple of issues that could cause these fights to have unpredictable difficulty.
We've also made a few changes to the injury system, medicine consumption and resting so that they function as originally intended.
If you purchased the game directly from us or via GamersGate
, please download and apply the following patch
.If you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the Desura client.
Here's a full list of changes:
- Tweak: Disabled the resolution check on start-up. Please note that at a minimum, a 1024 x 768 resolution is recommended for optimal play.
- Tweak: Trap reports during combat are now much more succinct.
- Tweak: Reduced the minimum number of characters for a custom survivor's surname to 1, down from 2.
- Added: Anonymous data regarding your game is sent to Screwfly Studios' servers after a victory or loss. This feature can be disabled in the Options menu.
- Added: Killing the trader may also result in the discovery of the map in Road Kill.
- Added: It is now possible for survivors to warn the player of certain dilemmas in advance, while watching for zombies.
- Added: The lynch mob and girl scout's family will now intelligently watch locations and search for the player's survivors, rather than appearing at random.
- Added: The "super-zombie" will now hunt survivors as they move between locations.
- Added: It is now possible to view security reports for investigated, but not entered, locations. These reports will show entrances, but only last available counts for traps, barricade parts and furniture.
- Added: The screenshot function (F12) now produces JPEGs instead of PNGs. If you are using the JPEG screenshots mod, we recommend removing it.
- Added: Survivors with moderate injuries will now automatically treat themselves with painkillers as required.
- Added: Zombies will now trigger traps while moving around or into locations that survivors are not present at.
- Added: Corpse cleaning now provides information on zombies killed by traps while the survivors were not present.
- Added: The current game version is now shown and copied to the clipboard if the game crashes during the simulation.
- Balance: All dilemmas involving combat with NPCs have had their difficulties revised. It should be much easier to predict the results of such combats.
- Balance: Resting is now more strictly enforced and survivor resting states are preserved when the game is saved.
- Balance: Survivors are now less likely to consume a large meal when they are starving.
- Balance: Seeded food items (those not prepared by survivors) now provide more predictable nourishment boosts and have been increased on average.
- Balance: Survivors are now generally better at modifying items, rather than sitting at either extreme.
- Balance: Significantly reduced relationship boosts from the "Watch for zombies" order.
- Balance: Survivors are less likely to be both uneducated and poor.
- Balance: It is now harder to sever zombie limbs in combat.
- Balance: Weapons that can hit more than one target no longer have this value randomised; they will always target (but not necessarily hit) the maximum number possible.
- Balance: Survivors with melee weapons attacking survivors with ranged weapons will find it harder to do so.
- Balance: Lacerations now apply a tiny penalty to strength while the same penalty given by contusions has been increased slightly.
- Fixed: The "Trapped" dilemma will no longer fire while survivors are breaching a location.
- Fixed: Some additional checks to prevent crashes when the game is exited.
- Fixed: Trap attacks are no longer factored into the average accuracy stat reported at the end of the game.
- Fixed: The game's icon in the taskbar should no longer disappear when restarting the game from the system menu.
- Fixed: Pain suppression effects from medicines now wear off.
- Fixed: Treating contusions now reduces the magnitude of the injury.
- Fixed: Survivor status text is now drawn when transitioning from the map to the diary while the survivor photos are flipped.
- Fixed: It is now possible to treat a survivor who suffers additional injuries of a type they already have.
- Fixed: Injuries are now removed when their affliction time is exceeded.
- Fixed: An issue where survivor names would be invisible in the assignment dropdown when left-clicking on an order.
- Fixed: A rare crash with the tinker idle task.
- Fixed: It is no longer possible to create custom survivors with identical names.
- Fixed: Survivors with duplicate first names will have their surname initial shown in the order assignment menu.
- Fixed: Removed redundant "what do you do?" text from a number of dilemma descriptions.
- Fixed: Pressing "W" while a location is selected that the survivors have yet to enter or investigate no longer shows the security report.
- Fixed: Additional checks to handle an extremely rare crash when discovering the vehicle for the first time in Road Kill.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.