Hello players,Zafehouse: Diaries has been updated to v1.2.1!
While balance tweaks and bug fixes feature prominently in this patch, we couldn't help but add some great new content and provide you with tools to alter the difficulty of all scenarios to your liking.
Firstly, the new options screen. We've reworked the graphics and functionality of this screen and added a page where you can change a variety of in-game settings, including how quickly zombies enter the map and how many start inside locations. You can boost the distribution levels of food, medicine and ammunition and prevent survivors from hurting each other because of bad relationships. These options affect No Survivors, Road Kill and Deadline, so be sure to review them between games. Of course, you don't have to touch these values at all, allowing you to enjoy Zafehouse: Diaries at the intended difficulty.
Now, let's cover the new stuff. We've added the Museum as a location, somewhere you'll want to spend time exploring, especially if you have a taste for exotic ancient weaponry and equipment. The police station now has its own dilemma, which if you overcome successfully, will give you a constant stream of intel regarding the location of zombies around the town. Finally, you can head over to the church, where there's a chance one of your survivors will let go of their prejudices.
If you purchased the game directly from us or via GamersGate
, please download and apply the following patch
.If you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the facilities provided by these services. Please note that updates from these distributors may be delayed while the patch is approved.
Here's a complete list of changes for v1.2.1:
- Added: New location -- Museum. What exotic and potent relics of old await the survivors in this fascinating destination?
- Added: New dilemma -- Surveillance. Are your survivors skilled enough to breach the police station and tackle this challenge? The reward could give you all the intel you need to stay alive.
- Added: New items -- You'll have to visit the Museum to find out what they are!
- Added: New event -- Epiphany. Spend some time in the church and one of your survivors might leave their past grudges behind them.
- Added: Completely new options menu with difficulty controls. It is now possible to alter various gameplay settings via the options menu, including the rate at which zombies enter the town, the starting number of zombies in locations, resource distribution and survivor in-fighting.
- Added: Locations can now be marked with a cross by right-clicking on them and selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
- Added: DXT5 texture compression for dynamic assets (photos and notes) can now be enabled via the Diagnostics Tool. This is recommended only for system with extremely limited video memory, as it will make the game take longer to load.
- Added: If the game fails to start correctly, the next time it is run the player will be given the option to delete all configuration and user content, which may help the game load properly.
- Balance: The player will now receive a handgun and 9mm ammunition at the start of No Survivors.
- Balance: The Overwhelmed dilemma is now more likely to occur.
- Balance: By default, survivors no longer hurt each other due to bad relationships in No Survivors.
- Balance: Survivors will now take their equipment with them if the "Retreat" option is selected during the Overwhelmed dilemma.
- Balance: When retreating, survivors are more likely to pick a safe location, even if it's further away.
- Balance: Zombies are more likely to wander out of locations during assaults.
- Fixed: The audio engine should now start correctly on systems running Sound Blaster Audigy hardware.
- Fixed: If sounds have been disabled, the heartbeat effect will now fade correctly after a dilemma is resolved.
- Fixed: The orders table in the Custom Content Manager has been adjusted to remove the horizontal scroll bar.
- Fixed: Duplicate survivors should no longer attempt to join the group in No Survivors.
- Fixed: Showers will no longer be broken down for barricades.
- Fixed: The experimental display scaling option has been removed as it was causing the game to crash on some systems.
- Fixed: Discovering the vehicle for the first time in Road Kill should no longer cause a crash.
- Fixed: A crash that could occur when attempting to amputate a limb during the Infected dilemma.
- Fixed: The version text on the main menu now appears correctly on system with high DPI settings.
- Fixed: The address text on location photos in the diary is now preserved when saving and loading.
- Fixed: Added additional checks to prevent crashes related to survivor movement, survivor reanimation and zombie attacks.
- Fixed: Significantly improved video memory consumption over the course of a game. This should alleviate out-of-memory issues with long games on systems with less capable GPUs.
- Fixed: An issue where after loading a saved game, new diary entries would appear in the wrong order.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.