Update: v1.2.21 is now available
, to fix a few important issues.
- Fixed: A crash when using custom survivors with their occupation set to "Random".
- Fixed: A visual bug where the token for a single moving survivor would not update on the town map.
Notes for the previous patch can be found below:
Hello again players,We're pleased to announce the release of patch v1.2.2!
The update focuses on adding more content to No Survivors, as well as providing extra options during the mid-to-late game in all three modes. For Steam users, v1.2.2 includes 12 unique achievements to get stuck into!
Players of No Survivors will have to contend with a group of ex-military troops setting up shop somewhere in town. They won't be present immediately and even when they do arrive, they won't stick around forever. If you do manage to locate them, you'll have the choice of fighting them -- and snagging their cache of top-shelf equipment -- or leaving them alone. Be warned, they might seek explosive retribution if you provoke them...
Fortifying a location now allows you to build further upgrades including a fence, sniper's nest and watch tower. The fence adds another barrier between you and the hordes, protecting your barricades from attack and giving your survivors the peace and quiet they deserve. Fences also allow you to move out of surrounded locations, so you'll want to build one as soon as you can. The sniper's nest boosts the accuracy of your snipers, while the watch tower lets you see zombies far and wide.
You'll find powerful outdoor traps have been added to your defensive repertoire, so you can kill and maim zombies before they even get inside. These traps can be placed at any time, regardless of how fortified a location is.
A new occupation, the Mayor, makes an appearance. He won't be killing zombies by the truckload or performing heart surgery on your wounded survivors, but he has intimate knowledge of various locations around town and when tasked with searching them, can quickly uncover everything inside, including clues.
Finally, we've done a fair bit of balancing and tweaking. You'll find combat against enemy survivors is more consistent and rifle weapons have had their effectiveness improved against living targets.
That's it for now, so grab the patch and enjoy all the new stuff it has to offer.
Steam users, If you're curious about the achievements, a full list can be viewed here
If you purchased the game directly from us or via GamersGate
, please download and apply the following patch
.If you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the facilities provided by these services. Please note that updates from these distributors may be delayed while the patch is approved.
Here's a complete list of changes for v1.2.2:
- Added: Steam achievements. Steam users can now try their hands at completing 12 unique achievements, from successful amputations to defeating the lynch mob.
- Added: New dilemma -- Outpost. Players of No Survivors have a new threat to watch out for. A group of ex-military troops may set themselves up inside a location in town, along with a nice cache of weapons and equipment. They're not easy to take on and if you do defeat them, they'll try and track you down... with explosive consequences.
- Added: New museum item sets -- Cold War, Middle Kingdom and Viking.
- Added: Outdoor traps -- Survivors can now build formidable traps around locations, in addition to regular and experimental indoor traps. Select it as an option from the "Make traps" order.
- Added: New task -- Build fortifications. Once you've fortified a location, you'll be able to improve it even further by adding a fence, sniper's nest or watch tower. The fence prevents zombies from attacking the location, leaving your barricades untouched and allows survivors to move out even if surrounded; a sniper's nest boost the accuracy of your snipers and the watch tower allows your spotters to see much, much further.
- Added: New occupation -- Mayor. While the mayor's survival skills might not be the greatest, he sure does know how to uncover hard-to-find items inside the locations of his town.
- Added: Experimental display scaling has been reactivated. It's also been tweaked to preserve desktop icon positions when the game is exited.
- Added: The game now provides a one-time warning when the system resolution is too low.
- Added: New photo frame and overlay graphic for bombed locations.
- Tweak: Snipers shooting into other locations will now keep count of, and report, the number of zombies that have ever been sniped at and killed at each location.
- Balance: Protection gear is now moderately more effective.
- Balance: Weapons that use rifle (.223R) ammunition are now more effective against the living. This includes player-controlled survivors.
- Balance: The semi-automatic and automatic rifles are now more effective at assaulting and close combat, and slighty worse for sniping.
- Balance: The sub-machinegun is now slightly less accurate and hits less targets.
- Balance: The difficulty of building traps has been reduced.
- Balance: Survivor vs NPC combat is now much more consistent in terms of difficulty. The accuracy of predicted results is also higher.
- Fixed: Survivors who automatically take painkillers for their injuries will now have their contusions marked as treated.
- Fixed: NPC damage no longer triggers a blood splat effect in the diary.
- Fixed: A crash in the barricade maintenance idle task.
- Fixed: A rare crash when modifying items.
- Fixed: A crash when placing wandering survivors in No Survivors.
- Fixed: Additional checks for a crash related to museum item discovery.
- Fixed: An issue with the modify task and showers.
- Modding: Mod files can now be placed in "My Documents\Zafehouse Diaries\Mods\" directory, in addition to the game's install path.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.