We've just released a small update for Zafehouse: Diaries, bringing the game to v1.2.31.
Please find the changes below:
- Tweak: All custom survivors marked as "use every game" will now be added to each session, before survivors marked "use randomly".
- Tweak: Custom survivors marked "use randomly" now have a 10% chance to appear, down from 25%.
- Tweak: (Steam) Custom location photos are no longer considered custom content for the purposes of disabling achievements.
- Balance: The corpse cleaning task has had its difficulty reduced. In addition, even poorly skilled survivors will make progress on this task, albeit very slowly.
- Fixed: Scrap now once again appears in item lists.
- Fixed: Items are now once again junked from worst to best, rather than best to worst.
- Fixed: The Piper no longer takes critical items, such as vehicle parts, if you trade with him.
- Fixed: Medicine effectiveness is correctly reported when you hover over a medical item.
- Fixed: Painkillers no longer state that they fix broken limbs.
- Modding: The "Effectiveness" value for medical items is disabled if that item does not treat injuries.
- Modding: Fixed an issue with custom tool items where star ratings were not reported correctly.
- Modding: The item editor now provides more information when it detects that an item has not been given a plural name.
Hello players,Zafehouse: Diaries has been updated to version 1.2.3!
This patch introduces an Item Editor to the Custom Content Manager, so you can create your own weapons, tools, food, medicine and protection gear and have it appear in-game. Better still, you can compile your own item "packs" that you can share with your friends.
Don't worry -- you can still add items via regular C# modding and, in fact, this is still the only way to create more complex items.
We've done our best to make the editor as robust as possible, but we understand that once players get their hands on it, issues are likely to appear. So please bear in mind that it's a work-in-progress and we'll be watching the forums closely for bug reports and suggestions.
v1.2.3 also includes a number of fixes and tweaks, all of which you can read about in the full notes below.
If you purchased the game directly from us or via GamersGate
, please download and apply the following patch
.If you bought the game via Desura
, please make sure to update the game via the facilities provided by these services. Please note that updates from these distributors may be delayed while the patch is approved.
Here's a complete list of changes for v1.2.3:
- Added: Item Editor. It is now possible to easily add your own items to the game via the Custom Content Manager. The editor allows you to export and import named item "packs" so you can share you creations with other players. Please note that items are complex objects and while we've done our best to catch all the bugs, it should be considered a work-in-progress. This feature is not intended to replace modding, which allows you a greater degree of control over item creation.
- Added: Holding the Control key and left-clicking on an item in the Supply tab item list, or an item list on the Movement screen, will move that item to a new category called "Odds and ends". You can use this to filter out items you're no longer interested in and they won't appear under their regular category. You can reverse this change using Control-LMB again on the item.
- Tweak: The item lists on the Supply tab and the Movement screen have been modified to separate protection gear and ammunition into their own categories. Also, categories for which no items exist won't appear.
- Tweak: Items with stats in excess of five stars will have a plus sign appended to those stats.
- Fixed: An issue where melee protection bonuses were not being applied correctly to zombie grab checks.
- Fixed: Pain suppression effects, such as those given by painkillers, were sometimes not applied correctly.
- Fixed: An issue where the mouse cursor would appear locked in the top-left corner of the screen when using bookmarks.
- Fixed: A few diary reporting issues and typos with the new sniping report and lynch mob dilemma.
- Fixed: The "Survivors hurt each other" difficulty setting now affects a game in progress.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions.