Author Topic: Game delivery?  (Read 3243 times)

Fahlberg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Game delivery?
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
Hello ya'll, I just registered after checking out the game and I gotta say it looks superb! Soo of course I bought it, and I had some questions about game delivery:

Will the game be delivered as a physical copy or will it be downloadable, and if it is a physical copy when could I expect it? (Although maybe that's kinda hard to keep track of with all the different countries and all..)

Well thanks in advance!

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Game delivery?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:27:24 PM »
Hi Fahlberg - the game is downloadable only. Check the email you received from the store when you purchased it - it will contain a download link.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:42:55 AM by David »

Trojianmaru

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
Hey just wondering, if the game is download only then why as part of buying it do we need to include our phone number and full address?

Fahlberg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:37 PM »
Oh yeah, saw now that it says I will receive additional information via a seperate email. Thanks for the help and the quick reply!

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
Hey just wondering, if the game is download only then why as part of buying it do we need to include our phone number and full address?

This is requested by our e-commerce provider, but I suspect it's just standard blanket requirement for processing online transactions.

Zangi

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »

This is requested by our e-commerce provider, but I suspect it's just standard blanket requirement for processing online transactions.
Actually, the phone number is normally not needed for other e-commerce online transactions.   Well, at least I'm on the do-not-call list...

Elegant Caveman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 04:09:49 AM »

Actually, the phone number is normally not needed for other e-commerce online transactions.   Well, at least I'm on the do-not-call list...

I'd just like to chime in here and note that they do seem to ask for a lot of info for nothing. Paying directly with a credit card, that's understandable. But when choosing the PayPal option, there's no reason for this (considering PayPal already has all that info).

For what it's worth, this is what's stopped me from buying it directly from your site, as I'm loathe to give out more private info that absolutely necessary.

In case you get a bigger cut from sales directly from your site, this might be something you'd like to look into, as I'm probably not the only one who'd rather not buy directly from you simply on the grounds of too much personal information being asked for.

If you get a bigger cut from sales through Desura... well, then... carry on; you're doing a good job of driving traffic there instead.

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »
I've asked FastSpring to change this so that purchase type is selected in an earlier step. Now customers won't need to enter their personal details when selecting PayPal.

Elegant Caveman

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »
That's awesome, thank you! :D

lubberlame

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 07:23:20 PM »
That's awesome, thank you!