UPDATE: With the release of the full game
, we've removed the links to the technical demo as it is extremely out-of-date!
Hello everyone! We're happy to announce the immediate availability of the Deadnaut technical demo.
The focus of this release is to get the game running on as many different hardware configurations as possible. Seeing as Deadnaut will also be available for Mac OS X, we're particularly interested in results from users with systems running this platform.
We'd also appreciate a run-down of your computer's specifications, either through DXDiag or the Apple System Profiler / About this Mac. Alternatively, if you're familiar with your hardware, you can just list the following (the more the better!):CPU, video card, amount of RAM, operating system and version (including service packs) and display resolution.
Here are the links for Windows and Mac OS X:DOWNLOAD DEADNAUT TECHNICAL DEMO B1 - WINDOWS 120MB self-extracting 7z archive, MD5: 1D953AF0F73F68947AA2B9E9D7507CBDDOWNLOAD DEADNAUT TECHNICAL DEMO B1 - MAC OS X 135MB ZIP archive, MD5: 3C7667F53BF4C73927BC55AD6721ADCA
Please note the technical demo, while containing a solid chunk of gameplay, is not representative of the content available in the final version
. It has the following limitations:
- The game will automatically end after the completion of the second mission (the full version has four per campaign).
- You are limited to a crew of three characters (down from five in the full version).
- A cut-down selection of starting equipment and access to only low quality gear in the market.
- Cloning is disabled.
- Saving and loading is disabled.
- Character generation limited to Early Career (Late Career and Wisdom are disabled), and you cannot select flaws or relationship modifiers.
- Limited to a single campaign type.
That said, we have included the draft manual for the full game with the download, which we highly recommend you read!
Finally, we urge you to post any technical feedback or problems you have in the dedicated forum
. If you'd like to contact us directly, email email@example.com
for technical queries, and firstname.lastname@example.org
with general questions.
Whether you run into problems, or the game runs fine -- let us know either way!