This hotfix addresses a few issues with the character generator in the initial release. We've also added an additional help screen for the map view that highlights the keyboard controls and explains a few of the bits and pieces in the cockpit.
Here's a complete list of changes for v1.0.1:
- Added: A new help screen when aboard a derelict. Press F1 to toggle it on and off.
- Fixed: Scrolling sometimes stopped working in the character creator.
- Fixed: Parts of the simulation not pausing when the game is paused.
- Fixed: Character portraits would sometimes disappear.
- Balance: Shields now protect characters from damage caused by low structural integrity.
- Tweak: Speed optimisations to portrait loading and generation.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
. Once Mono is installed, copy the update into the directory that contains "Deadnaut.app" (and not into the "Deadnaut.app" directory itself). Then start Terminal, navigate to the containing directory and type:
The update program should then run and patch the required files.
[DOWNLOAD HOTFIX - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD HOTFIX - MAC OS X