An update for Deadnaut is now available, bringing the game to version 1.2.3. This patch contains a few fixes for the game, along with the Linux release!
All changes in v1.2.3 can be found below:
- Added: The game is now available on Linux! While preliminary testing indicates Deadnaut should run on a number of popular distributions, we can only officially support Ubuntu 12.04 or later, running vendor-supplied 3D drivers.
- Added: Text boxes and lists can now be scrolled by holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse up and down.
- Balance: Reduced the attack range on sentinels and made them slightly slower and weaker.
- Fixed: A few typos in mission and alien description text.
- Fixed: The relationship panel now handles characters with single names correctly.
- Tweak: The vignette screen effect is now a little less pronounced.
- Tweak: Deadnauts no longer require at least one point to advance to the next phase of character creation, though all other restrictions (selecting at least one career, for example) still apply.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
. Once Mono is installed, copy the update into the directory that contains "Deadnaut.app" (and not into the "Deadnaut.app" directory itself). Then start Terminal, navigate to the containing directory and type:
Where "XXX" is the number of the update. The program should then run and patch the required files.
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X