Hello Deadnaut fans, good news -- we've updated the game to version 1.3.0! Along with unlockable campaigns and difficulty settings, we've taken the opportunity to fix some dastardly bugs from 1.2.3.
All changes in v1.3.0 can be found below:
- Added: Five unlockable campaigns and campaign selection. As of 1.3.0, you can now unlock each campaign type you complete successfully, allowing you to play it at your leisure. In addition, you'll be awarded a rating out of four for each campaign type, based on the difficulty level it was finished on.
- Added: Four difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme. Easy is perfect for learning Deadnaut's ropes without being bombarded by the trickier aspects of the game by significantly reducing Sentinel damage and disabling environmental damage. Hard represents the game's difficulty pre-1.3.0, while Extreme poses a huge challenge for even the most proficient commanders. Normal, Hard and Extreme also provide the player with a small Knowledge bonus. Steam users: Please note you cannot earn achievements in Easy mode!
- Added: Two new Steam achievements: "Master Of Unlocking" and "Lieutenant Ripley's Believe It Or Not".
- Balance: Increased the damage bonus applied to fielded enemies.
- Fixed: Shields should now be correctly reapplied between missions.
- Fixed: Holographic projector strength now scales correctly with better versions.
- Fixed: Various issues with blast weapon damage. The net result is that they are far more effective.
- Fixed: In rare cases, enemies in the Horror campaign with blast weapons would spam such attacks.
- Fixed: An issue with statistics tracking not working correctly after winning a series of games in the same session.
- Fixed: The communications text area should no longer break after long sessions.
- Fixed: The structural damage alarm is properly squelched outside of missions.
- Fixed: Deadnauts teleported by portals should now respect collision.
- Fixed: Deadnauts chasing teleported horrors through collision.
- Tweak: Game assemblies are now built with the latest version of the Mono compiler.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
. Once Mono is installed, copy the update into the directory that contains "Deadnaut.app" (and not into the "Deadnaut.app" directory itself). Then start Terminal, navigate to the containing directory and type:
Where "XXX" is the number of the update. The program should then run and patch the required files.
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X