Don't be fooled by the minor revision! v1.2.1 is packed with changes, fixes and additions that streamline train and passenger management, improve balance and generally make surviving the fog-based apocalypse smoother.
We won't go into excessive detail about all the alterations -- you can check out the changelog below for everything included -- but here are the major points of improvement:Faction and skill filtering:
We know it's not the easiest of tasks to properly rig the lottery, so you can now change the projection wheel to sort passengers by their best skill. The bigger the passenger's dot on the wheel, the better skilled they are. This filtering includes a mode for train skills, so finding a doctor, mechanic or other specialist is simpler also.Mission planning adjustments:
Firstly, the "Set duration" dialog now shows a dynamic time estimate, so you no longer have to finalise the order to see how long it'll take to complete. Secondly, a detailed analysis is available on the computer's LOC mode, providing useful information about the currently selected location. Accessibility, time window bonuses, size and other tidbits are available to help you better plan your missions.Engine power and missions:
Turning the engine off and switching over to your battery now directly extends the amount of time your passengers can spend on missions. Check the new analysis on the LOC screen to see how many more seconds you can spend in the fog. In addition, the amount of power going to your carriages now affects how long your battery will last.Chaos changes:
Chaos is now significantly affected by deaths related to scavenging missions or power outages. Not only do these deaths increase the chaos level in the affected carriage, but they also affect other carriages. To compensate for the increased difficulty, giving excessive orders to a carriage now has a minor influence.Cargo order tweaks:
We identified a few places where managing your train's cargo wasn't as streamlined as it could be. Along with being able to click directly on cargo to display the order, you can now move cargo out of a carriage, even if there's no one inside. We've also made small changes here and there to improve issuing orders overall.
And those are just the big ticket items. v1.2.1 is overflowing with updates, check them all out below.
- Added: The projection wheel featured on each page of the carriage notebook now supports three modes: Faction (default), Train Skills and Mission Skills. The Faction mode is the one current players are familiar with, while Mission Skills and Train Skills will sort passengers by their most dominant skill of that type, with their dot size reflecting their proficiency. This should make it much easier to rig the lottery and move specialists, such as doctors, between carriages.
- Added: When placing a mission order, a dynamic time estimate now appears in the "Set duration" dialog.
- Added: The computer LOC mode now features an analysis section, which provides more detailed information about the currently selected location.
- Balance: Slightly increased the amount of fuel retrieved on Hail Mary runs.
- Balance: Slightly increased the amount of all resources in the world.
- Tweak: It is now possible to transfer cargo from an empty carriage, as long as the destination contains a passenger.
- Tweak: The high, medium and low buttons on the two primary power units now only affect carriages with passengers in them.
- Tweak: Increased the minimum cinematic intensity of fear attacks.
- Tweak: Clicking on a cargo object during the orders phase will automatically bring up the cargo order card.
- Tweak: The dream log and carriage notebook can now be closed by clicking "off" them with the mouse.
- Tweak: It is now possible to directly click on carriage units containing no passengers to show the carriage notebook.
- Tweak: The passenger transfer and cargo order cards now remember the last destination carriage selected.
- Tweak: Purges and revolts now provide more information about how the uprising unfolded.
- Tweak: Purge chance has been reduced.
- Tweak: Unclaimed survivors do not scatter among empty carriages after a scavenging mission.
- Fixed: A bug resulting in excessive save and load times.
- Fixed: An issue with the post-it note on the Custom Game screen.
- Fixed: The string that denotes radio radius on the map should be less glitchy with larger ranges.
- Fixed: Power buttons on carriage units would sometimes be hard to click.
- Fixed: An issue where the mission debrief would not update properly until interacted with.
- Fixed: The mission debrief now lists fuel recovered.
- Fixed: Camera controls are now disabled while viewing the mission debrief.
- Fixed: A transparency issue with cargo slots formerly containing food.
- Fixed: Inconsistent input issues when attempting to click on cargo objects.
- Fixed: The carriage console manual can no longer be picked up while viewing the notebook.
- Fixed: The radio no longer auto-tunes to / from the mission channel when switched off.
- Fixed: The capsule flush lever can no longer be pulled from places other than the middle section.
- Fixed: The Force Repairs order card no longer appears in carriages with no passengers.
- Fixed: Breach penalty modifier is no longer classified as a positive modifier.
- Fixed: Some instances of incorrect grammar with mission radio chatter.
- Fixed: A few graphical issues related to fonts on Intel GPUs.
- Fixed: Rescued survivors no longer rush toward scavengers at the start of a mission.
- Performance: Optimisations to assembly generation.
- Performance: The passenger dossier no longer updates erroneously, which was reducing performance while the carriage notebook was open.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X