Good news Engineers, Fear Equation has been updated to version 1.3.3!
The major highlights of this patch are Steam achievements -- 25 in fact -- Twitch integration and several critical bug fixes.
Twitch integration allows players to enter a Twitch channel via the Options menu and passenger names will be generated using usernames found in the channel's chat. It also enables random custom passenger generation via the Custom game screen, using chat usernames.
The rest of the update consists of bug fixes, interface tweaks, performance optimisations and various other improvements.
A complete list of changes for 1.3.3 can be found below:
- Added: (Steam only) 25 achievements. Please visit the Fear Equation Steam page for a full list.
- Added: Twitch integration. To enable, select Options -> Twitch Settings from the main menu and enter a valid Twitch channel name. If the channel is found, passengers will be generated using chat usernames. You can also create random passengers from chat users in the Custom game screen.
- Added: Two new graphics options for high-end PC: Real-time reflections and an "Ultra" mode for directional occlusion.
- Added: A message on the main menu screen explaining that saving is only possible during the Lottery phase.
- Added: Resolution support for 1280 x 1024 screens.
- Balance: Rescued survivors no longer have an immediate effect on dreams.
- Balance: Fuel consumption has been reduced by 20%.
- Balance: Reduced the radius bonus of the level II radio upgrade.
- Tweak: On Windows, custom portraits can now be placed in "My Documents\Fear Equation\UserPortraits".
- Tweak: Pressing spacebar (or return) now confirms an order duration.
- Tweak: Fear attack jump points now provide a better view out the cabin windows.
- Tweak: Increased the font size of dream notes and the dream folder is now docked closer to the player camera.
- Tweak: Reduced the intensity of red text on the route planner.
- Tweak: The cursor on the in-game computer is hidden while a Hail Mary or beacon is running.
- Tweak: Once a mission order is confirmed, the status bar will return to the passenger selection menu.
- Tweak: Defenses now have a different outline to regular cargo items.
- Tweak: It is no longer necessary to zoom into the computer to read a message capsule or turn the radio on/off.
- Tweak: Cargo items now have a highlight when moused over.
- Tweak: Slightly increased the player's keyboard turning speed.
- Tweak: Radio and mission transcripts on the computer are now read automatically when you move through them with the up/down arrow keys.
- Fixed: Several fixes to message system to prevent "floating" capsules.
- Fixed: Fuel estimate inconsistency after plotting a route.
- Fixed: Passenger radar dots were sometimes not scaled properly.
- Fixed: It's no longer possible to click "through" the route planner and manipulate the train controls.
- Fixed: A rare error when distributing items during world generation.
- Fixed: A workaround for a visual issue on Mac OS X at game start.
- Fixed: The fog light now turns off when the fog level is low.
- Fixed: A number of issues with saving and loading games.
- Fixed: A number of issues with abandoning and then starting a new game.
- Fixed: Workarounds for custom portraits not working correctly on lower-end systems.
- Fixed: Carriage console power bars are now more accurate.
- Fixed: A contradiction in the train manual relating to phase start and end times.
- Fixed: Dead VIPs causing problems with the player's modifier card stack.
- Fixed: Projection wheel dot positions and sizes not updating to match the wheel mode on page turn.
- Fixed: Keyboard location panning is disabled when the order duration dialog is visible.
- Fixed: Clicking "Confirm" on the order duration dialog no longer makes the location view snap around.
- Performance: Many optimisations to reduce CPU workload, memory usage and intermittent stuttering.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X