1.6.0 has arrived and along with the usual bounty of streamlining improvements, fixes and tweaks, this update marks the debut of the mysterious and powerful Wanderers.
The Wanderers are Fearless who wish to leave the fog, but need the Engineer's help to do so. When you encounter a Wanderer, you'll have to decide what to do with them. If you let them on the train, they'll bring special abilities with them -- even more powerful than VIP modifiers.
The Wanderers' abilities come at a price, however. So, it's time to ask yourself: Just how far are you willing to go to survive the fog?
Also in this patch, we've added a number of settings to streamline the game for experienced players. These can be accessed via the new "Gameplay" options menu:
- Page turning animations: Enabled by default.
When disabled, all books in the game, including the carriage console notebook and manuals, will have their pages turn instantly. This can also provide a performance boost on systems with low-end CPUs.
- Faster movement transitions: Disabled by default.
When enabled, the crossfade effect when moving around the cabin and jumping between cabin areas will be much shorter. Turning using the keyboard is also significantly quicker.
- Sleep immediately on time acceleration: Disabled by default.
When enabled, pressing the time acceleration key (normally Tab) or clicking on the clock at the front of the cabin will make the player fall asleep immediately, bypassing the need to move to the bed and wait for the sleep animation to finish.
Everything included, changed and tweaked in 1.6.0 can be found below:
- Added: The Wanderers. Wanderers are Fearless who wish to leave the fog, but need the Engineer's help to do so. Wanderers brought onto the train grant special powers... for a price.
- Added: Gameplay options menu. This menu adds the following settings: Disable page turning animations; Faster cabin movement and Instant sleep.
- Tweak: It is now possible to select pages in the carriage console notebook using 0-9, with "0" representing the 10th carriage. Pressing the tilde or minus key will select the overview pages.
- Added: Ambient sounds when passengers board and alight from the train.
- Tweak: Modifier cards provided by passengers now show which carriage that passenger is from.
- Tweak: Normal cabin movement / turning is slightly faster.
- Fixed: Idle passengers would sometimes not start repairs automatically.
- Fixed: Food not being destroyed properly, causing it to reappear in loaded games.
- Fixed: An issue with the vignette screen effect.
- Fixed: Various issues with letterboxed resolutions resulting in visual garbage.
- Fixed: Moving to and from the bed using the keyboard now plays the correct sound effects.
- Fixed: Jump keys (F1-F4) being enabled when they shouldn't.
- Fixed: Additional workarounds for the lottery phase being skipped after waking up.
- Fixed: A workaround for duplicate disappearance reports.
- Fixed: An issue with Twitch integration and SSL connections.
- Fixed: Twitch integration now uses moderator names in addition to viewers.
- Fixed: (Mac OS X) Workarounds to address visual corruption caused by the volumetric lighting effect.
- Performance: Small optimisations to book page turning.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X