Greetings fellow commanders, Deadnaut has just been patched to v1.3.1!
We've been tinkering under the hood of Deadnaut and come up with a healthy batch of balance changes, fixes, optimisations and tweaks to make your experience in the depths of space even more
The complete list of changes for 1.3.1 are below:
- Balance: Ghosts enemies can no longer drag deadnauts. This fixes an issue where such enemies could drag characters into the void, resulting in them getting stuck.
- Balance: Hacking sentinels is now more effective (easier to hack, hacks last longer).
- Balance: Enemies can no longer hit each other with their own projectiles (blast weapons excluded). This matches the behaviour of deadnaut friendly fire.
- Balance: The amount of Knowledge stolen by the Siphon flaw has been reduced and capped.
- Balance: Mines are now significantly more effective, especially at higher gear levels, and take into account the wielder's combat skill.
- Balance: The image created by the projector now decays faster and takes more damage from all sources, however, the wielder's detection skill provides more of a benefit.
- Tweak: Stim use is now bound to the left ("[") and right ("]") bracket keys, representing the first and second slots respectively.
- Tweak: Deadnauts with melee primaries and ranged secondaries will now use their ranged weapons when appropriate.
- Tweak: Deadnauts with melee primaries, scanners and projectors no longer automatically shoot enemies unless they've been spotted or forced to attack.
- Tweak: Inter-mission exit game button now reads "Save & exit".
- Tweak: Grouped deadnauts are now smarter about spreading out work when a number of consecutive "Investigate" orders are given.
- Tweak: Grouped deadnauts will no longer wait for the best hacker to open a door if that hacker is far away.
- Fixed: End game debrief was reporting erroneous numbers for "Sentinels hacked".
- Fixed: An issue where the chat log would stop working. A side-effect of this change is that extremely large chat logs will have their oldest entries culled.
- Fixed: The Siphon flaw allowing a negative Knowledge balance.
- Fixed: A few issues when exiting the game.
- Fixed: The Selective Deafness flaw no longer allows deadnauts to open disabled (grey) doors.
- Fixed: Mines now once again apply critical hit effects.
- Fixed: Deadnauts will never attack hacked sentinels unless forced by the player.
- Fixed: A rare issue where saved games would fail to load.
- Fixed: Additional checks to make sure portals don't teleport deadnauts into the void.
- Performance: Updated SQLite library to 3.11.
- Performance: Game assemblies are now built with Microsoft's Roslyn compiler.
- Performance: Updated screen space ambient occlusion effect.
- Performance: Extensive optimisations to memory and CPU usage to reduce stuttering.
- Performance: Optimisations to sentinel AI to reduce stuttering in later levels.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not supported between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X