Fear Equation has been updated to version 2.0.2!
This patch marks the release of the Linux version of the game.
While we can only officially support Ubuntu 12.04, the game should run on a variety of distributions. A Linux technical demo is available if you'd like to check if the game is compatible with your setup: https://forums.screwflystudios.com/index.php/topic,890.0.html
We've received a number of requests from players asking for a full, customised allotment of passengers and as of 2.0.2, this is now possible! The custom game screen has been tweaked to support up to 150 player-made passengers.
Finally, for Steam users, we've added five achievements based on the mysterious Wanderers. Time to harness the power of the fog for your own ends...
The changelog for 2.0.2 can be found below:
- Added: Fear Equation is now available on Linux. Please note the game is only officially supported on Ubuntu 12.04.
- Added: It is now possible to have up to 150 custom passengers. The passenger tabs have been replaced with a list that can be sorted by name, occupation and priority.
- Added: (Steam only) Five new achievements based on Wanderer interactions.
- Fixed: A typo in the beacon report.
- Fixed: An issue with Wanderers as carriage leaders.
- Fixed: An issue with passengers being killed while attacking a Wanderer.
- Performance: Optimisations to SMAA (anti-aliasing).
- Performance: Small optimisation to bloom effect.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X