frogsack

Author Topic: Hey Zombie Fans !!!  (Read 328560 times)

Uncle Chap

• Survivor
  • I see undead people
    • View Profile
Hey Zombie Fans !!!
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »
Hi all :)

I guess everyone on here is a zombie fan ? or a survival horror fan even. I've been unhealthily obsessed with zombies since the late 70s and It seems to me that zombies suddenly got popular after the release of 28 Days Later and then everyone went zombie crazy (Even tho they were Infected and not actually zombies, but we still love'em ;))  I think that if it wasn't for this zombie craze we would never have had these great new zombie films and TV series that we have today. There were a lot of zombie films in the 70s and 80s; your classic Italian zombie movies (Zombie Flesh Eaters, Zombie Creeping Flesh, Burial Ground, The Beyond etc) and of course the classic George A Romero movies but then they got forgotten about and it took almost 30 years for them to come back from the dead. Maybe it was the internet that helped bring zombies back ? ...or a voodoo curse? ...or a virus ?...or whatever ! I'm glad they're back, I'm also glad we have some quality zombie films to watch now like Zombieland, La Horde,  28 days/weeks later, Georges latest films (I love all his stuff !) and the Resident Evil films (Although some would disagree!).  Then we got games too such as Zafehouse: Diaries (of course !), Dead Island, Left 4 dead 1 & 2 (I wish they'd leave out the super zombies tho !), The Dead Rising series and we're getting a proper Walking dead FPS next year ! PLUS what about all the books we've got too,  JL Bournes Day by Day books and ZA Rechts Morningstar trilogy both are classics AND we've got some great audio dramas like 'We're Alive' and Darker Projects do a Zompod and other zombie related stuff too, I could give more examples of each but I'm rambling on as it is...

With all this good stuff we've had some bad and some seriously diabolical stuff too ! So to avoid to wasting any more precious hours of our lives with rubbish zombie stuff, what zombie related films, books, games, audio dramas, soundtracks etc do you good people recommend ?
(I recommend all the above, except maybe some the Italian zombie films wont appeal to everyone... they can be a bit dodgy but always atmospheric !) I can recommend some more if this thread gets going but I'm supposed to be doing housework at the moment :D
When the earth spits out the dead they will return to tear the flesh of the living !

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Zombie Fans !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:28:41 AM »
Hello!

As for me Romero the best zombie films director of all times! I watch all his movies & I love all of it (but the greatest is Dawn of the Dead. IMO , of course) . I must say i don't like fast zombie. Good zombie - slow zombie. :)

As for games - I love classic Resident Evil series including 1,2,3, Remake, Zero, Outbrake 1-2 & Veronica (but I hate 4,5,6 - they are terrible!) , Fort Zombie (with some custom mods) , Rogue Survivor (ahhh.... Great Game!) , Zafehouse classic (complete it many times!) , Zombi for Amiga (PC & spectrum versions is terrible!) & Survival Crisis Z . I love slow & tense gameplay.

I hate fast shooters like l4d - No atmosphere , no tense , no horror. Awful. Yyyake.

Sorry for bad english.

Oleg from Russia

Where the way is dark and the night is cold
One sunny mornin' we'll rise I know
And I'll meet you further on up the road.

Leser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:31 AM »
Hey!

I'm not such a big fan of zombies like you are, but i got interest in them (not a big one, but still).

I have watched a few series/films about zombies and i really liked them, but the best part for me is in the games when noone is shooting at you (FPS games are so boring nowadays...).

From series/movies one  that none of you mentioned is Walking Dead that's a really good one that i reccomend for everyone. I can't remember any more that you didn't mention :D

As for the games you should try Arma II mod Day Z it is good survival simulator one of the best this days i would say, and ofcourse the  Walking Dead game ;

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
Good morning everyone!

I played dayZ .  For now it contains too many bugs & most of the players is so stupid....

About Walking Dead franchise.

I like first season of the tv-series, but second is awful.

But comic is very-very good. :)

I don't try game for now, I m waiting for complete 5 parts of the game.

Oleg

Rommel459

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 03:32:09 AM »
Mostly i play the video games, having played all the games mentioned so far except the walking dead game, i probably won't ever buy that unless they release a demo since i hate shooters that make you take a single path, a lot of the fun for me is in exploring for that extra gun/ammo health, i enjoy that sense of risk/reward
balancing. and I haven't played the last 4 in Oleg's first post.

After hearing project zomboid mentioned here on the forums i finally decided to check it out. it is an amazing zombie/horror survival game as long as you're not too picky about graphics(since we all play this i doubt you are), It's still in alpha, they have a demo you can try if interested, but to sum it up, it's a top down survival horror action rpg, and is in my opinion very worth checking out. they're supposed to be doing a massive update in the next few months
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:34:20 AM by Rommel459 »

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »
Yeah , project Zomboid is a nice game.

But for now it contains too many bugs & mistakens.

They allready breach to steam & I surely buy this game but not now. I wait untill it will be ready.

PS: Rommel , friend of mine , u must play Amiga Zombi - it is great game!

Oleg

Uncle Chap

• Survivor
  • I see undead people
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
Hey zombie fiends :)

Yeah youre right, you cant beat anything Romero but while Dawn of the Dead (1979) is a legendary film for me Day of the Dead (1985) just beats it for me, but I love them both :) Slow Zombies are the creepiest and best, but fast Infected are fun.

I'd forgotten about Fort Zombie ! I played that last year sometime and really enjoyed it, although its a big buggy it had the potential to be the best zombie game ever ! If that was re released and redone by some big name company it would be epic, I take my hat off to them ! Certainly worth trying for zombie fans. Although for an old game you need quite a ninja PC to run it, well my laptop struggled with it last year !

I found out about DayZ the other week. I looked at some you tube footage and it looks great ! Apparently you need a super ninja fast PC to run that too ! Looks like the sort of game you need some diehard zombie fans to play with because I can imagine it would get annoying when youre in the zone and some pillocks start prattin' about. If I had the time to play games like that I most certainly would, nowadays I just play Zafehouse diaries and a bit of xbox every now and then. As for Project Zomboid Ill have to check that bad boy out !

I enjoyed both Walking Dead series, I do understand why some people arent as keen on the second series (I think saying its awful is a bit harsh, have you ever seen Day of the dead 2: contagion ?) As for Walking Dead I like the characters,  the zombies look amazing and you cant really fault the acting; even my misses enjoys watching it and shes never liked zombie films ! Incidentally Greg Nicotero who does the zombie fx and make up was in Romeros Day of the Dead as one of the soldiers (Johnson).

Something new coming out on Xbox Arcade is State of Decay (Originally called Class 3), I guess its actually a polished up Fort Zombie, it looks the business ! Its single player only but next year I believe theyre bring out Class 4 (Probably be called somthing else by then) but that will be multiplayer and that will be something to look forward to :)

For now I'm looking forward to the next  Zafehouse diaries update and on that note Im gonna go and play it now :)

Stay cool people and remember if you got a gun shoot 'em in the head. That's the sure way to kill 'em. If you don't get yourself a club, beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy !
When the earth spits out the dead they will return to tear the flesh of the living !

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
Zombi, or at least the Amiga version, was excellent. I'm surprised it's not on GoG, but you might be able to track it down somewhere.

Rommel459

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »
ah, just remembered a game i forgot to mention, it's not even in beta yet, but it looks like it's going to be as awesome as project zomboid.... it's called dead state

as to the amiga zombi, i'm looking it up now.

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
Hello , David.

IMO - dos version is awful. Amiga version is the best!

Hi, Rommel!

Komrade ,  I can give u a link where u can download Amiga version. Need one ?

Hi , Chup!

Oleg

Rommel459

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:54 AM »
Sure oleg, i'd enjoy trying it. might need your help walking me through setting up some kind of amiga emulator or something too though.

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
Hello , Rommel!

Of course I help .

If u give me e-mail or admin's allow to attach 20 mb (or something around this ) to my post - I send u (or attach) game with pandora emulator (amiga OS + picasso plugin) . It will allow to run any amiga game & it is very easy to operate .

If u prefer links - please reply & I sendthem to u in PM .

Or, if u want, I can give u my skype account - feel free to contact me. 

Oleg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:49:46 PM by Oleg »

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
Folks, unless the game is bona fide freeware (or in the public domain or under a shareable copyright license), please don't distribute it or post links to it through these boards. Thanks.

Oleg

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
Not a problem David!

Rommel459

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
Fair enough. tbh i didn't think about it being copyrighted.

archive
archive
archive
archive