Author Topic: Lynch mobs  (Read 275697 times)

Anabanana

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Lynch mobs
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 03:56:52 AM »
I have a question about this dilemma. So I was at the bar when the lynch mob showed up.

(click to show/hide)

I'm just really curious.

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:37:38 AM by David »

Anabanana

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
OMG. That's really, really cool! Thanks for the explanation, David!

If that's the case though, I think the

(click to show/hide)

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »
It's a bit odd - the code looks ok and, by my tests at least, the dilemma is counting location items and appropriately showing the option.

Assuming she's using the latest version, if it happens again, could you ask her to take a screenshot, save immediately afterward (if possible) and then send me the file?

Anabanana

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
I'll pass the message on. Thanks!

JazzGuru

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »
Hi guys,

First post here.  Just wanted to say thanks for making such an addictive and excellent game.

However, yesterday I lost my entire survivor team to the Lynch Mob after they attacked a store in which I was searching for food and meds.  My question is this: Will the Lynch Mob turn up in every game?  I just find it really annoying when I had managed to survive several dilemmas before.  I had turned the Zombie Hunter away, had killed the strange girl, and had even managed to persuade her family that I had never seen her before, twice!  Then, the Lynch Mob turned up and wanted one of my best girls.  I had already lost one guy to an infection so, with only four survivors left, I told the Mob where to to, (i.e. I refused to hand her over).  Naturally, being in an unbarricaded and untrapped store, with just 2 hardened baseball bats and 2 recoiless handguns, we got PWNT.

So will the Lynch Mob always put in an appearance or not?  I am a turtler in games like this.  I like to take my time, which is why I love the new Road Kill mode so much.

Once again, thanks for making such an awesome game and I hope you can answer my question.

Anabanana

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
The devs are going to release a mod that will allow you to remove the lynch mob dilemma altogether, if it's really bothering you.

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
Thanks JazzGuru!

The lynch mob is potentially in every game, but they may not always show up. They're attracted to heavily frequented locations, large sized survivor groups and unbarricaded locations, so there's a chance that they may just miss you if you have small groups and move around a lot.

I wouldn't count on it though! Make a fortress somewhere, fill it with traps, then when one of your survivors reports the mob is on the way (you always have a survivor watching, right?), make a dash to the fortress, set up a patroller and wait.

JazzGuru

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I always try to have someone on watch.  I'm careful about patrolling as I always seem to end up with my guys getting attacked when they patrol.  It's good to know that the Lynch Mob don't always have to put in an appearance though.

I really can't wait to see what you guys are going to add to the game in the future! :)

archive
archive
archive
archive