Author Topic: D-zap's Item Pack  (Read 280568 times)

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
D-zap's Item Pack
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »
D-zap's Miscellaenous Zombie-Survival Item Pack - v5.0.0

I'm a little of a mod-nut when it comes to games. Whenever a game supports any form of modding, I dig in and start turning the game inside out to "improve" it to my liking. This mod right here is the first I've whipped up for Zafehouse, a collection of items that every zombie game might or might not need. Enjoy!
(17/07/2013)
I've decided to format update notes slightly diffirent from previous notes, due to the diffirence in code and display in-game. It's vaguer, but if you want to find out the new stats, go try it out in-game!
Credits:
Banjo for the Cleaver item mod template.
David for support during initial development.

v1.0.0
6 items have been added:
  • Katana - Goes through zombies like slightly heated butter.
  • Chainsaw - No zombie apocalypse is complete without these. Mind the noise though.
  • Hockey Stick - Some like baseball, some like cricket and some just like hockey.
  • Rake - Great for collecting leaves and scraping zombie intestines off the walls.
  • Lead Pipe - You're in a factory, facing a zombie, what's the first thing you'll grab to defend yourself with?
  • Sniper Rifle - Doing what they do best, sniping. Good luck finding one of these though.

v1.1.0
The following items have been changed:
  • Katana - Close Combat down, Now weighs 1 less.
  • Hockey Stick - Less plentiful in shops.
  • Sniper Rifle - Sniping up (it's now actually better than the semi-automatic rifles), Less accurate in combat.

v2.0.0
4 items have been added:
  • Adrenaline Shot - Variation on painkillers. Last half as long, but kill pain better.
  • Revolver - Packs more punch than handguns, but is harder to use.
  • Lantern - Generally better than flashlights, but too bulky to use as a weapon properly.
  • Lockpick - Very light and plentiful. Makes your survivors search "containers" ever so slightly faster.
  • Lead Pipe - Will now actually appear in-game.
  • Chainsaw - Now only appears in storage rooms and factories. No longer appears in factory bathrooms (don't ask).
  • Rake - Now only appear in storage rooms and is slightly more rare.

v2.1.0
  • Rake - Will now only appear in houses, stores and rarely in hospitals.
  • Adrenaline Shot - More plentiful in hospitals now.
  • Lead Pipe - Overall less plentiful now.
  • Katana - No longer appears in schools, libraries and hospitals.
  • Revolver - No longer appears in schools, libraries and hospitals.
  • Hockey Stick - Now only appears in houses, stores and schools.

v2.2.0 - The Grand Rebalancing
With the new 1.2.0 update out, I took the time to learn how to peak into the game files. In response, I decided to finetune all of the items currently in the pack to fit in better with the vanilla items.

• Rake - Now available in schools and libraries, more valuable, Noise up, Cleaning up, less accurate in combat, Assault up, Close Combat up.
  • Chainsaw - Now has a Building bonus, Demolition down, Barricading down, less accurate in combat, Close Combat up, Assault down, Ease down, more valuable.
  • Lantern - Searching up, Spotting down, available in less locations.
  • Katana - Noise down, Assault up, Close Combat up.
  • Hockey Stick - Less valuable, Close Combat down, now available in bedrooms.
  • Lead Pipe - Less valuable, Assault down, Close Combat down.
  • Sniper Rifle - More accurate in combat, Assault up, Close Combat down, general performance and ammo usage improved, Ease up.
  • Adrenaline - Lasts longer, kills pain more effectively, more plentiful, now appears in factory sick bays.
  • Revolver - Less valuable, more plentiful in Police Stations.
  • Lockpick - Searching up.

Note on "value": items have value that is used whenever an event offers you to trade items. More valuable items are worth more, so you lose less items when accepting trades the more valuable they are.

v3.0.0
Last update before I leave on a two-week holiday. I'll return with more updates when I get back.

5 items have been added:
  • Welding Mask - Great at shielding eyes from bright lights and zombie claws.
  • Tire Iron - There's vehicles, so why wouldn't there be car-related tools?
  • Harmonica - Have some fun with your survivors with this handy little thing.
  • Lawnmower - When you're fighting for your life, anything suffices. Just be wary how you swing this big, heavy, unwieldy thing around.
  • Pair of scissors - Quickly, go for the eyes!
  • Adrenaline Shot - No longer scrappable.
  • Lockpick - No longer scrappable.
  • Chainsaw - No longer appears in houses, Barricading Down, Tinkering Down.

v4.0.0
What better way to celebrate Zafehouse's Greenlighting than with a big batch of new items!

10 items have been added:
  • Glue Pistol - Used in the industry to make things stick together, great for barricading!
  • Safety Goggles - Hey, anything works to protect your survivors' beautiful faces, no?
  • Shovel - Excavate zombies and make graves with this thing.
  • Scalpel - Doing survivor-friendly surgeries on zombies since the start of the apocalypse!
  • Bow - Take wood, add string, get weapon.
  • Duct Tape - The penultimate in DIY tinkering and engineering, get a roll today!
  • Trenchcoat - Be classy (and protected) during the zombie apocalypse!
  • Detergent - Who would've figured how useful detergent would be in an apocalypse.
  • Barbecue Set - Throw lawn parties in your heavily fortified bases.
  • Nightstick - The police had to have some of these, right?
The following items have had changes applied to them:
  • Lead Pipe - No longer appears in restrooms and sick bays.
  • Scissors - Now have a chance to have a minimal boost to cooking.
  • Hockey Stick - Appears less frequently now.
NOTE: I have seen the nightsticks behaving strangely, be careful when you find one!

v4.0.1
Some very bad things were happening. Something involving Revolvers, Bows and Nightsticks. These issues have now been resolved!

v5.0.0 - Finale
I had a large to-do list for this mod and I acquired a job and lots of responsibilities.
On top of that, Screwfly has been putting lots of effort into modding and added an item creator to the game.
Regardless of all the above, I have decided to finish this mod once and for all. Behold! The grand finale!

14 items have been added:
  • Crutch - Having to use one of these means it's already too late, great to smack zombies with though.
  • Deodorant - Look at your zombie, now back to me, now back at your zombie...
  • Fire Extinguisher - Pretty much just a giant chunk of metal to connect to zombie faces now.
  • Microwave - Cooking for lazy survivors (don't ask where the power comes from).
  • Umbrella - Rain nor blood shall soil thine survivors.
  • Toothbrush - Some zombies could use one of these as well.
  • Gas Mask - You're lucky the infection isn't an airborne disease.
  • Bar Stool - BAR FIGHT!
  • Tool Case - Put your "tools" into these.
  • Arm Prosthesis - Does one of your survivors need hand?
  • Leg Prosthesis - Some survivor slowing you down? Give them one of these!
  • Bomb Squad Helmet - Too bad explosives aren't a thing, right?
  • Bomb Squad Suit - How much more armor do you need?!
  • Satchel - It's like a backpack, but just smaller.
1 item has been removed:
  • Katana - Removed because a vanilla update added these to the game.
While I'm not going to add more content to this mod, some balancing or fixes may follow shortly after this.
I don't have the time to fully test this mod by myself, so any bug reports found using this mod are highly appreciated!

This mod will be updated every once in a while in response to new inspiration and suggestions.

Suggestions? Possible tweaks? Imbalances? Questions? Feel free to leave anything you want in a comment!

D-zap
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:02:08 AM by D-zap »

Sir Eyeball

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: D-zap's Item Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
Nice collection of weapons. Are there specific upgrades for each or are they generic like the items in game(glowing Katana and the like)? This is more a weapons pack as it is but with more content coming an Item pack it can become;)

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
I have no idea on how to enforce tinkering upgrades on items, so it is safe to assume that they are all generic upgrade-wise. I might update the mod if I can find out how.

Make sure to let me know how the runs go with the pack! I've done some slight balancing as is, but I might be missing things left and right.

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:28:32 AM »
v1.1.0 is up, with some minor rebalances.

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:54:52 AM »
v2.0.0 is here, bringing 4 new items to the table! Remember that feedback and suggestions for future items are always welcome!

Tweek

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
Great mod! Thanks alot!  ;D 8)

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »
Boom! v2.1.0 is here, making a lot of changes on the distribution kind of things.
Enjoy!

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »
v2.2.0 is here, with the first changes made after actually taking a look into the vanilla items.
I've also decided to add some layout to the entire post and straighten the text.
Let me know if you've enjoyed the mod, or if you have any suggestions.

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 11:04:41 PM »
Version 3.0.0 is available, bringing you the next batch of items for your survivors to use!

It's unlikely I'll be able to squeeze out another update before I leave for two weeks next friday, so it'll be slightly quiet for a while.

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions while I'm gone, I'll make sure to read them all once I get back.

D-zap

Annoctatio

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »
Absolutely amazing job. Love this.

Romanul

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
Great job indeed!

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:43 AM »
I've been away for much longer than I had anticipated. How do we remedy that? ITEMS!
What was that? Not enough? FINE, have TWICE the usual items! Enjoy!

Also, congratulations to the Zafehouse team for having their game Greenlit on Steam!
I guess this makes perfect celebration!

As always, feel free to leave any comments!

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »
My apologies everyone! It appears an error in my code caused the stats of the Bow, Revolver and Nightstick getting horrendously jumbled up.

I've now (hopefully) fixed this in a new upload, v4.0.1.

Thank you for your patience, and remember you can always leave any comments!

eran100

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »
How do I install this?

D-zap

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 06:03:44 AM »
How do I install this?

All you do is put the dll-file in the same folder as where the Zafehouse.exe is located.

archive
archive
archive
archive