Author Topic: Modding  (Read 4672 times)

Cathan

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Modding
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
Will there be any modding for the Deadnaut game, like we had in Zafehouse: Dairies? Create our own ships / stations, input new enemies, make new weapons and edit their stats / how many points they cost, and such?

Edit: I accidently put this in the wrong place, oops!

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Modding
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »
Hey Cathan,

No worries, I've moved this to the main forum.

It's a good question. The good news is because of the way we built the game, the option to add modding features is definitely there. However, if we do go down this path, we want to do a proper job of it and right now we haven't set up a foundation for it, so to speak, so there's some non-trivial work there to make it happen.

So to answer your question, we don't have any immediate plans for modding, but the option is available if there's enough demand. That said, we'll have to put resources and time into it to implement it in a state that's good enough for players.

Banjo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:52 PM »
Will definitely second the OP's request for Modding to be added. Any game that's going to survive long-term really needs this, especially if it has a niche fanbase.

I'll still be playing Zafehouse Diaries years from now, and that's thanks to modding. Ditto for other games ranging from Bethesda's RPGs (many of which are otherwise "old" but still with huge fanbases thanks to modding) to awesome indie titles like NEO Scavenger and Project Zomboid (both of which improved massively as games (and in terms of audience base) thanks to their mods).

madelf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
+1

chris_intx

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »
I'd love to see a custom, user-created campaign mode, or "storytelling" mode.   

I like random generated games... but I love good storytelling.

-For example, the campaign could be 4 or 30 missions long, perhaps with some branching depending on "pass" "fail", or "ship a" "ship b" choices.

-Some Missions can be "failed" or aborted early, if creator allows.  Opportunity mission, at risk of deadnauts.

-Ships and rooms and enemy location are set by the creator.

-Rooms can have text "descriptions".  One of the deadnauts can describe the room, when they enter.

-Deadnaut skills can hide or reveal objects, such as hacking computers or exits, set by creator.  Maybe different "descriptions" based on skills check.  "Left door covered in blood.  Small sign says death waits inside".

-Creator can setup "traps" and "challenges", by placing knowledge in difficult locations.

-Store inventory and pricing after each mission set by creator.

-Deadnauts perhaps can improve skills.  All deadnauts dying maybe not problem, besides skill loss.  Revive pricing also set by creator, maybe automatic revive.

-Perhaps the campaign can be 100% written in text file, loaded by game... so the effort to making a graphic editor can be avoided.  But a map editor would be nice.

Maybe for Deadnaut 2...  but wouldn't mind if exists for Deadnaut 1....     :) 

archive
archive
archive
archive