Author Topic: I will never know the joy of a heavy chemical rifle.  (Read 2778 times)

MaruFrozen

• Survivor
    • View Profile
I will never know the joy of a heavy chemical rifle.
« on: December 08, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
On one hand I don't even have enough knowledge. On the other there's not even a suit with 10 weapons slots. It seems I get a lot of 'heavy sensors' or 'heavy tech' but rarely shield or weapons. And it always seems to tease me with the side part being like sensors or tech so it'll be a heavy tech suit with upgrade sensors and a medium sensors suit with upgraded tech. This run I only seen a light weapons suit and it was pointless because the medium tech suit had the same weapon ports on it.

Is it just me or are good combinations a rarity? I sometimes wish I had 2 tech, 8 sensors and 4 weapons so I can use a small recharger, a good sensor and a decent pistol. how come there's only two good ones on each suit?

Also lasers are the best when you get weapons and tech and a good recharger.

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: I will never know the joy of a heavy chemical rifle.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
Ah, the fickle market. It's not biased though - weapon suits are as likely to appear as any other.

Our next enhancement has new gear for all suits, so even if you don't get a weapons suit, you'll still have some fun options.

And yep, a beam weapon and a recharger is a perfect combo. Only downside is you might end up doing a lot of penetration and hitting the hull...

MaruFrozen

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
Ah, the fickle market. It's not biased though - weapon suits are as likely to appear as any other.

Our next enhancement has new gear for all suits, so even if you don't get a weapons suit, you'll still have some fun options.

And yep, a beam weapon and a recharger is a perfect combo. Only downside is you might end up doing a lot of penetration and hitting the hull...
Glad to hear it and that explains the excessive structural integrity loss when I gave my non weapon proficient DN a laser rifle.

BobThePumpkin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 01:35:39 PM »
It's really cool to see you adding more variety to the game. Procedurally generated games like this kind of live or die for me based on the pool of different pieces it has to pull from. I've only played a couple games and each has felt very unique. Time will tell if it gets boiled down to "done this before, no problem", but the minimal graphics do make adding content fairly easy. Cool little game, glad I picked it up!

archive
archive
archive
archive