We've just released a minor update for Deadnaut, version 1.2.1. This patch fixes a few issues introduced in 1.2.0 and provides a number of user interface improvements requested by users.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Added: The number 6 key now duplicates the "select / deselect all" functionality of the tilde (~) key.
- Added: Once-off help text that makes it clear players must click on tags, rather than objects, to interact with them.
- Fixed: Scrolling and zooming did not work properly on some systems, particularly those using a notebook trackpad.
- Fixed: Teleporting deadnauts should no longer get stuck in places they cannot get out of.
- Fixed: Cloning a deadnaut while the "info" mode is active on the bio screens caused them to go out of sync.
- Fixed: Alien "wounds" descriptions were not being generated correctly, limiting their variety.
- Tweak: Increased the size of text in many areas of the game, including character generation, the library and chat log.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games are not compatible or supported between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
. Once Mono is installed, copy the update into the directory that contains "Deadnaut.app" (and not into the "Deadnaut.app" directory itself). Then start Terminal, navigate to the containing directory and type:
Where "XXX" is the number of the update. The program should then run and patch the required files.
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X