frogsack

Author Topic: first impressions  (Read 1398 times)

Shoggoth27

• Survivor
    • View Profile
first impressions
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:04:17 AM »
Intel I-7 3820 @ 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
1920 x 1080 screen
Windows 10 (up to date)

Everything seems to run fine so far except for one glitch, sometimes when I hit ESC during the Fog Attack animations that play when you sleep, everything just turns black and stays that way.
I still have a cursor and  can escape to the menu. but I can't seem to do anything else.

I'm intrigued so far--loved Deadnaut.
I keep running  out of fuel and have to do emergency missions, so I am probably not playing well...

I don't know if it would break immersion, or the game's philosophy, but maybe an onscreen menu of available actions for each part of the train would be helpful to get started--I don't feel I need it anymore though, and the post-its did help.

looking forward to playing the final release!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:44:20 AM by Logan »

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: first impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:54 PM »
Hey Shoggoth27, cheers for the report!

I'll look into the fear cancellation issue you mentioned. I've applied a few fixes to the latest build (which we'll upload soon) that should hopefully address that. If it happens again though, can you let me know what the fear looked like -- it'll help me isolate what's happening.

I think adding menus would probably be too immersion breaking -- we reckon the per-area manuals with the numbered photos are a good compromise.

Shoggoth27

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
Will do.
Thanks for the cool game--I'll pick it up when it hits Steam. I really like the unique games you guys make, there is nothing else like them.

mattjpwns

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 01:29:14 AM »
I've had this issue crop up twice now - but running on Windows 7 with a GTX670. I believe it was either the Hell fear on at least one if not both occasions. Red tinged lights, lots of screen shaking.

The only other "bug" I encountered but haven't been able to recreate so far occurred the first time I played the game. My torch didn't come on at all, so I was stumbling around in the dark trying to figure out how to get the computer to turn on for about five minutes before figuring something must be astray, quit to the main menu and started a new game, and the torch flickered on after a second or two as expected.

Might have something to do with the tutorial notes. The first thing I did was click on the note next to the bed wall. Couldn't find a way to get these to reappear to see if it was related to the tutorial phase.

Really enjoying what I'm seeing so far, it's like you took all the bits I liked from Zafehouse and refined them whilst carrying over the excellent atmospheric UI / sound work you guys did in Deadnaut. Funds permitting, it's likely to be a day 1 purchase.

archive
archive
archive
archive