frogsack

Author Topic: First Impressions - Stormchyld  (Read 1333 times)

Stormchyld

• Survivor
    • View Profile
First Impressions - Stormchyld
« on: December 08, 2015, 02:35:54 PM »
So like General Chaos I had some trouble with the tutorial. The first incident was when messing with graphics, specifically switching to windows mode and then shifting down from 1920*1080 (my standard full screen) one at a time, at one point I crashed before finding the resolution i wanted. When i reloaded the game, and tried to adjust the resolution up and down a few more times and didn't have a problem. However the tutorial was gone. After reading the work around, I tried that, and the tutorial was a touch vague, as notes would appear far away from where you had started. But I followed it till, I was suppose to go to sleep. Then either I made a mistake or it ends, because I didn't get any tutorial when it came time to do a scavenge mission. This might have been a problem, because when I assigned the two passengers my flare found to go into a gas station, and started the mission, an alarm sounded, an enemy appeared in the southern section of the building, and the two blips that represent my people never moved. I was tired so I quit, and will try again later.

One of my biggest problems is graphic issues. First is I believe the Bloom. Bloom may not like my specs, because all the lights were overwhelmingly bright. Pic included.

Once this was resolved most of the graphics seemed fine, until i started trying to read the manuals and i found a lot of the fonts difficult to read. To combat this i turned off every graphic enhancment i could, and put textures to low. I could finally read them, thought some of it was impossible. The dream log is the one font i cant seem to fix. =(

Overall I like the idea, and am Excited to try to delve further after I get something into my stomach. =)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:45:02 AM by Logan »

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions - Stormchyld
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
Hey Stormchyld!

There's currently no tutorial associated with scavenging missions, but it's something we'll certainly look into.

As for the graphics issues -- it looks like your system doesn't have a discrete NVIDIA / AMD GPU, just an Intel one. Fear Equation uses some modern rendering techniques that are more than likely the reason you're seeing the problems you've mentioned.

We don't have an Intel GPU system available for testing right now, so I don't have any immediate resolution for you. If you do have access to a system with NVIDIA / AMD graphics, I'd recommend playing on that.

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »
Actually, I think I found the cause of those font issues. I'll put together a patch for Build 100 you can try shortly.

Other than the bloom / resolution issues, did you encounter any other graphics bugs?

Stormchyld

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Not yet.

I'll be trying to play some here in a bit, to explore the game play more. :)

archive
archive
archive
archive