We've released a hotfix, 1.3.2, to address several issues with 1.3.0 and 1.3.1.
It is highly recommended all users upgrade to this version as soon as possible.IMPORTANT:
This update will delete all custom engineers and passengers generated in versions prior to 1.3.0. This is required to fix an incompatibility issue that causes the game to get stuck during startup. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Fixed: An issue preventing long-running save games from loading correctly.
- Fixed: An issue that would cause the game to get stuck during startup.
- Fixed: Favour symbols in the carriage console manual no longer overlap with the text above them.
- Balance: Level I upgrades now take less time to complete, while Level II and III take longer.
A small update has been released for the last patch, bringing the game to version 1.3.1.
It contains the following changes:
- Added: Save compatibility check. When loading a save game incompatible with the current version, a confirmation prompt informing the player of this fact is now displayed. The player can choose whether to delete the save, or return to the main menu with the save intact. A patch archive has been made available via the Fear Equation support page.
- Fixed: Save games containing custom passengers with no surname would fail to load.
- Fixed: An audio issue with the Workers fear attack.
- Fixed: The location analysis would appear in computer modes other that LOC.
- Patch Utility: File patching is now multi-threaded, which should improve the speed at which updates are applied, especially when the installed version is significantly older than that of the update.
With the introduction of the save game compatibility check, we've uploaded all previous patches to the server: http://fearequation.com/update/archive/
. This allows users to roll back to previous versions, though a fresh install of the game is required before an older patch can be applied
Fear Equation has just hit version 1.3.0!
This update introduces passenger customisation, allowing you to send whoever you want into the fog... along with yourself, of course.
If you want to jump right in, then update to 1.3.0, go to the Custom game screen and click on the "Custom passenger" folder in the top right of the screen. You'll be presented with a page that has a similar appearance to the in-game passenger dossier, but with a bunch of options for you to tweak to help you craft your own survivors -- name, occupation, portrait and stats, as well as factional tendencies and influence.
With this feature, you can create up to 15 custom passengers. You can specify how they should appear in-game using the "Availability" setting, with three options present -- "Priority", "Normal" and "Inactive". Passengers marked as "Priority" will appear with the first beacon, up to a maximum of five.
Any Priority passengers that don't come with the beacon will be ahead of Normal passengers when searching for survivors during the game. Unsurprisingly, "Inactive" passengers will never appear.
Beyond the custom passenger feature, we've also made further efforts to steamline train management. You can now move passengers five at a time using the Move Passenger order and we've made it possible to close / exit certain game elements using the mouse that were previously only closeable via the keyboard.
1.3.0 has a load of other changes, fixes and tweaks, all of which you'll find below:
- Added: Passenger customisation! To use this new feature, go to "Custom game" and click on the "Custom passenger" folder location in the top-right of the screen.
- Added: More variety in radio banter for passengers on missions.
- Balance: The first beacon now always attracts five survivors.
- Balance: Passenger stats greater than four now affect skills.
- Tweak: Page tabs, dream log and order cards now glow when hovered over.
- Tweak: It is now possible to move up to five passengers at a time using the Move Passenger order.
- Tweak: Added a close button to the route plotting notepad.
- Tweak: Fear attack transition points now remember camera rotation.
- Tweak: Repositioned a few fear attack transition points to provide a better view.
- Tweak: All manuals can now be closed by clicking off them with the mouse.
- Tweak: Current and past days are now more clearly marked on the calendar.
- Fixed: Selecting "Custom game" while a game is in progress now shows the delete save prompt.
- Fixed: Blackouts were not setting carriage power correctly.
- Fixed: Certain UI elements being blurred when they shouldn't while the FOG mode is active.
- Fixed: Equip screen now clears selections after a mission.
- Fixed: Move cargo / passenger cards would sometimes set the "To" and "From" carriage to the same carriage.
- Fixed: Some fixes to prevent floating message capsules.
- Fixed: Several instances where the in-built passenger portraits were not being recycled correctly.
- Fixed: Additional checks to make sure missions end when they should.
- Fixed: It is no longer possible to move to the rear of the cabin or the bed while holding a message note.
- Fixed: Folder on the Custom game screen would not reset / animate properly.
- Fixed: The "Start game" and "Return to menu" buttons of the Custom game screen would become unresponsive.
- Performance: The retrieval and parsing of passenger names is now more efficient.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X