Fear Equation has just hit version 1.4.0! This update marks the arrival of our third Nightmare Pack, which includes five new fears to tackle.
Here's a taste of the terrors included:
Details for previous Nightmare Packs can be found on the forums.
- Hunchback: A monster, a victim, a child. He just wants to play.
- Void: There's nothing here but the distant stars you'll never reach.
- Demons: The Devil's minions climb up from Hell to drag you down.
- Creatures: Perhaps the Void isn't empty after all.
- Beast: The fog lingers with those who have encountered the Beast.
Patch 1.4.0 also includes a bunch of new bits and pieces, including accessibility options to help colour-blind players, a multi-cargo order card, dream histories for individual passengers and various tweaks, bug fixes and optimisations.
Everything contained in v1.4.0 can be found in the change list below:
- Added: Five new fears: Hunchback, Void, Demons, Creatures and Beast.
- Added: Accessibility options -- colour blindness support and high contrast text. These features are currently being refined and will be improved based on player feedback.
- Added: It is now possible to dump / move up to five cargo items at a time with the Move Cargo order.
- Added: A dream history to the passenger dossier.
- Added: The start-up screen now shows percentage progress while processing custom portraits.
- Added: A surprise ending for players who frequently kill passengers on purpose by cutting carriage power.
- Tweak: Added a Clear button to the lottery.
- Tweak: Computer status bar now shows usage instructions for order duration while the order duration dialog is visible.
- Tweak: Passengers can be removed from the lottery card and transfer card by holding shift and left-clicking.
- Tweak: More information regarding controls added to a few tutorial notes.
- Tweak: Order cards are offset slightly to the right so they don't overlap the projection wheel.
- Tweak: When moving to the carriage console or computer stations from the front or rear of the train via mouse click, the camera will automatically be rotated to face those stations.
- Fixed: Bloom levels are now clamped globally.
- Fixed: Floating radio text is no longer visible when the main menu is up.
- Fixed: A bug that allowed unlimited assignment of mission items.
- Fixed: Clicking the train's current location is now less fiddly.
- Fixed: Numerous issues with disputes and dispute canisters.
- Fixed: The destination map flag now reappears when the effects of the Absent Minded modifier wears off.
- Fixed: Movement issues when jumping from the computer while a radio channel is selected.
- Fixed: The Shadows fear blowing out lights when bloom is enabled.
- Fixed: Various workarounds for custom portrait issues.
- Fixed: The computer not resetting properly at the end of some phases.
- Fixed: The Bindings fear once again has the "ropes" intensity.
- Fixed: An issue that could cause the player to miss the lottery phase.
- Fixed: The "Calm Down Everyone" modifier can now be selected.
- Fixed: Custom portrait issue on certain system configurations.
- Fixed: A selection bug when only one location is available to raid.
It is recommended you start a new game after updating, as saved games may not be compatible between versions. Note to Mac OS X users:
You will need to install Mono in order to run the update. The latest version of Mono for OS X can be downloaded here
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - WINDOWS
[DOWNLOAD UPDATE - MAC OS X