frogsack

Author Topic: Announcing Zafehouse Diaries 2!  (Read 2947 times)

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Announcing Zafehouse Diaries 2!
« on: November 07, 2016, 11:21:55 AM »

Zafehouse Diaries is back! The cult hit from 2012 is now bigger, better and more terrifying than ever. Take control of a group of people - each with their own skills, motivations and prejudices - and try to survive the zombie apocalypse.
  • Every story is unique: Each game is procedurally generated - will your survivors work well together and complete their objectives?
  • Ordinary people, extraordinary situations: Keep your survivors happy and motivated, or they'll turn on each other.
  • All new engine: Zafehouse Diaries has been upgraded in every way. Full widescreen support, high resolution, a 3D environment and multi-platform support.
  • More of everything: Loads of new items, orders, events, occupations, dilemmas and scenarios.
  • Increased control: Equip your survivors and determine how they defend and breach locations.

We've also refined the relationship system so you can have more ways to change survivor interactions. We've replaced the rumour system with redemptions - one survivor can do certain tasks to 'redeem' themselves in the eyes of another, which removes a prejudice.

At its core, Zafehouse Diaries 2 is the same strategic drama simulator as the original, but it expands on it in every way: added content, upgraded engine, more surprises, more madness.

Stay tuned for updates by following us on Twitter and Facebook, or visiting the official Zafehouse website.

lastsurvivor

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing Zafehouse Diaries 2!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:49:02 AM »
I'm looking forward for this! :)

Sendrien

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:48:28 AM »
This is great news! Looking forward to the game :)

Please make sure Zafehouse Diaries 2 addresses one of the biggest issues of the original game: more option settings are needed to customize the game. Especially for an endless playthrough, it's important to allow customization of resources, scaling difficulty, survivor limit, etc.

Also, endless mode should not automatically mean easiest mode with no dilemmas (some of us love to play endless but also want a really difficult challenge!)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:59:40 AM by Sendrien »

Banjo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:14:06 AM »
Just dropped by this forum by chance today and was thrilled to see this message. I really enjoyed the game (and indeed the original Zafehouse, which I still play my modded version of frequently) and had a TON of fun both playing the "vanilla" game and modding it myself. As long as the sequel as at least as moddable (if not more so!) and as much fun, I will be there on day one! Great to see Screwfly putting out new games again, after the downtime and troubles a few years back. Love your stuff!

Just to ask, though, will you be emailing those of us who bought the original Zafehouse Diaries (direct from you, since you can't know if we got it elsewhere, obviously) when the game is ready for release? That would be a good idea, I think. If not, is there a way to get notified when this happens? I'd hate to miss the release and any accompanying discount/special if there is one. I never even knew Fear Equation existed until today, but would have grabbed it from you directly if I hadn't missed the release special price... now I'm having to wait for a sale or GOG to pick that one up. Don't want that to happen with ZH2!

Krni

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
The original was a great game! Can't wait to play number 2.

archive
archive
archive
archive