Author Topic: Zafehouse Diaries 2 - Technical Demo  (Read 363 times)

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Zafehouse Diaries 2 - Technical Demo
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »
Zafehouse Diaries is back! But, before we start our journey into a new, zombie-encrusted narrative, we need your help to test the technical aspects of the game.

So, we're releasing special demo builds of Zafehouse Diaries 2 for Windows and Mac to make sure the game runs correctly on as many systems as possible. As such, we're only really looking for feedback regarding problems with graphics, audio, input and anything else related to actually running the game.

Please note the demo is not representative of the final game -- there's still a few bits and pieces we're adding before the full release.

If you do hit something, we'd also appreciate a run-down of your computer's specifications, either through DXDiag or the Apple System Profiler / About this Mac. Alternatively, if you're familiar with your hardware, you can just list the following (the more the better!):

CPU, video card, amount of RAM, operating system and version (including service packs) and display resolution.

Please find links to the builds below:

DOWNLOAD ZAFEHOUSE DIARIES 2 TECH DEMO - WINDOWS
151MB ZIP archive, MD5: D147003FC8B966124719500E2D95C443

DOWNLOAD ZAFEHOUSE DIARIES 2 TECH DEMO - MAC
153MB ZIP archive, MD5: ADBAD5A05A3AD23F3BF7755F6F13DC0E

The technical demo has several limitations compared to the final game:
  • The game will end after 3 days of in-game time.
  • Limited to 3 survivors (custom or random).
  • Only the tutorial scenario, "Safe As Houses", is available.
  • Some dilemmas, events and modifiers disabled.
  • Item editor is disabled.
Please post any feedback in this thread, rather than the official technical support board. If possible, let us know any information you feel is relevant (graphics drivers, hardware configuration, distribution etc.). If you'd like to contact us directly, email logan@screwflystudios.com for technical queries, and contact@screwflystudios.com with general questions.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:15:45 AM by Logan »

belial12

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse Diaries 2 - Technical Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
found one, It says "Assets.Scripts.WorldData.Agents.AgentWorldData stopped patrolling because the threat was too great"

not sure I need to post my specs, since this seems like a minor coding error.

belial12

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:59:42 PM »
also, protection items seems to be infinite once you have one, you can assign just one protection item to everyone, is that intended?

belial12

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:44:17 AM »
there's also the issue of me selecting to cook simple meals, but it usually gives me large meals instead, not sure about this one though.

and there's the issue of scavenging the house, and the journal not showing things I've discovered, like I found two sledgehammers without it ever showing up in the journal, is it intended?

I'm using a window, not mac.

David

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 12:34:33 PM »
Thanks belial12, this is really helpful.

found one, It says "Assets.Scripts.WorldData.Agents.AgentWorldData stopped patrolling because the threat was too great"

Fixed

also, protection items seems to be infinite once you have one, you can assign just one protection item to everyone, is that intended?

Fixed

and there's the issue of scavenging the house, and the journal not showing things I've discovered, like I found two sledgehammers without it ever showing up in the journal, is it intended?

I'm having difficulty replicating this. Occasionally, you might find new items appear after someone breaches a location - by default, survivors will take an item that might be useful to them (like a sledgehammer) when they go to breach. That might explain why they seemed to just appear.

there's also the issue of me selecting to cook simple meals, but it usually gives me large meals instead, not sure about this one though.

Fixed.

Thanks again.

PriestLLC

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »
Found a bug with the demo. The first day the demo worked flawlessly, afterwards the screen stays black at start up.

archive
archive
archive
archive