frogsack

Author Topic: There are ideas for improving your game  (Read 281 times)

Calvin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
There are ideas for improving your game
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:13:55 AM »
It's not secret that many people like multiplayer or at least co-op in games, so, why do not you add a co-op?
For example:
In the city, two groups of survivors are controlled by two players and they decide how they will act with each other, will they go to war? Or will they help each other?
I hope that the developers read the forum and agree with my idea.

P.S.
I'am doing not for my own purposes, I am doing it to make games better and help people :)

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: There are ideas for improving your game
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »
Hey Calvin,

There are certainly ways Zafehouse could work with multiple players, however, we've always seen it first and foremost as single-player experience.

Another consideration is that, from a technical standpoint, adding multiplayer to any game that wasn't built from scratch to support it is extremely difficult and time-consuming. It would likely take 75-100% of the time it took to make Zafehouse Diaries 2 (around 16 months) to implement it in a way we think would add significant value. This doesn't even include time for thorough play-testing and QA.

That said, we have a few ideas on how to expand the game so it feels more "connected". If we went ahead, it would take the form of a meta layer -- so tracking player progress across the globe and providing those stats via a website or in-game interface.

archive
archive
archive
archive