frogsack

Author Topic: [v1.1.7] Known issues  (Read 279157 times)

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
[v1.1.7] Known issues
« on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
This thread contains a collection of known issues with v1.1.71, released January 11, 2013. Please note this thread's purpose is to highlight critical bugs only.

• There are no known major issues with this version of the game.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:37:00 PM by Logan »

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: [v1.1.7] Known issues
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »
Sorry did not see this before
please take a look at this:
http://forums.screwflystudios.com/index.php/topic,313.0.html

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »
Hello
Here is a picture of the searched value going backwards.

the place was fully searched prior to that
It just started happening
attached is the save game if you ppl need it

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:43 AM »
Hello There
During a gameplay, saved the game, the exe game me an error and now there is a glitch on map location

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:14:21 AM »
Hello ibitato,

A fix for the last issue with the map being misplaced will be in the next update.

As for the other problems you've encountered, we're still investigating them at the moment.

norozombie

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I get an issue where my survivor tokens get stuck in place sometimes. I let an hour pass to try again but it never works, and I have to save and return to the game for it to work.

Another issue is when most items freeze up, where my cursor can't highlight or select anything, but keyboard shortcuts seem to work.

My last game seemed to crash the game afterwards, but I haven't encountered that problem again.

However the survivors getting stuck and then cursor highlighting dying on me makes it difficult to get a decent run going.

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:13:25 AM »
Hello ibitato,

A fix for the last issue with the map being misplaced will be in the next update.

As for the other problems you've encountered, we're still investigating them at the moment.

Thanks for the info.

I hope you hunt them down  ;)

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 08:13:11 AM »
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I get an issue where my survivor tokens get stuck in place sometimes. I let an hour pass to try again but it never works, and I have to save and return to the game for it to work.

Another issue is when most items freeze up, where my cursor can't highlight or select anything, but keyboard shortcuts seem to work.

My last game seemed to crash the game afterwards, but I haven't encountered that problem again.

However the survivors getting stuck and then cursor highlighting dying on me makes it difficult to get a decent run going.

Hi norozombie,

This has happened to another user, which allowed us to figure out what was going on and sort out a fix. If you email me at logan@screwflystudios.com, I can send you a workaround that will sort you out until the next update is released.

norozombie

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:34 AM »

Hi norozombie,

This has happened to another user, which allowed us to figure out what was going on and sort out a fix. If you email me at logan@screwflystudios.com, I can send you a workaround that will sort you out until the next update is released.

Cheers Logan, appreciate the weekend work!

I'll get that e-mail going quicksmart.

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
Hello again

I did not play over the weekend, but today I wanted to play, and got an unhandled exception from .NET again.

Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener más detalles sobre cómo invocar a la depuración
Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diálogo.

************** Texto de la excepción **************
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en Zafehouse2.GameWindow.PositionSurvivorToken(SurvivorWidgetGroup swG, Boolean isReturningSurvivor, Boolean returnPositionOnly)
   en Zafehouse2.GameWindow.SyncTokensToLocation(Boolean force)
   en Zafehouse2.GameWindow.SimTickHandler(SimulationStage stage)
   en Zafehouse2.EventsManager.SimulationReportProgress(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
    Versión del ensamblado: 2.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ZafehouseDiaries
    Versión del ensamblado: 1.1.7.1
    Versión Win32: 1.1.7.1

It looks like some object is null on the method call.
Uploaded the save game, just in case.

I am having such a bad lunk lately, all my runs end up even dead or with a problem, lol.

Someday, somehow ill beat the game lol

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »
Hey ibitato,

Did this error occur during a new game, or after you loaded a saved game?

It's proving extremely difficult to diagnose as we can't reproduce it during normal play and haven't had any other reports from users having the same issue.

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
Hey ibitato,

Did this error occur during a new game, or after you loaded a saved game?

It's proving extremely difficult to diagnose as we can't reproduce it during normal play and haven't had any other reports from users having the same issue.
New, fresh game.
I am a dev myself
If you consider that there is anything I can do to help let me know
The exception itself does not cause the program to exit, so I assume its on a separate thread other than the main one
or a callback ?
For the looks of it.
I was just running time forward at night, with some ppl doing task and 2 of them at their will.

I am running te game, on 3 diferent systems, and eventually I run into problems on all 3 of them

Logan

• Developer
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
Thanks ibitato, I'll definitely let you know if there's anything you can do to help.

I can provide a bit of background on what's happening though. Survivors can be in one of two places: inside a location, or "outside" moving between locations. The crash you're seeing occurs when the survivor is neither in a location or moving between locations, so the game is unable to place their token (the coin, pebble, guitar pick, etc). As you can imagine, this shouldn't be possible!

What I might do is cook up a special build for you that monitors when survivors are removed from locations and log any unusual behaviour. That way we can track down the specific point when the survivors are being misplaced.

I do have some good news -- I've figured out the reason behind the search level bug, so we'll have a fix for it in the next version. For now, there's no need to worry if the search level drops from 100%, I can assure you you've found all the items in the location (hence why the search task remains greyed out).

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »
Thanks ibitato, I'll definitely let you know if there's anything you can do to help.

I can provide a bit of background on what's happening though. Survivors can be in one of two places: inside a location, or "outside" moving between locations. The crash you're seeing occurs when the survivor is neither in a location or moving between locations, so the game is unable to place their token (the coin, pebble, guitar pick, etc). As you can imagine, this shouldn't be possible!

What I might do is cook up a special build for you that monitors when survivors are removed from locations and log any unusual behaviour. That way we can track down the specific point when the survivors are being misplaced.

I do have some good news -- I've figured out the reason behind the search level bug, so we'll have a fix for it in the next version. For now, there's no need to worry if the search level drops from 100%, I can assure you you've found all the items in the location (hence why the search task remains greyed out).

ok, they where just inside the house, I tend not to move survivors during night but to improve barricade etc
so they were not moving BUT to hours before, they (all of them) where assaulting some other place
regards, D.

ibitato

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
I've been very very busy lately
when I have more info qith the debug exe you sent me, Ill post back

archive
archive
archive
archive